Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 hrs
Not too far from where we live, there are huge cranberry bogs where over half of the cranberries in the US are harvested. So, I'm always on the look-out for another good cranberry recipe. This one, from Susan Branch's *Autumn* book, really fits the bill!
- 4 large green apples, peeled & sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 236.59 ml cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml oats
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375; butter a square baking pan or casserole dish.
- Place apple slices in pan, sprinkle with berries.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over fruits.
- Bake 30 minutes; serve warm with ice cream or serve cold with whipped cream.
I made this for breakfast using a pink lady apple and some frozen cranberries scaled down to serve one. Lovely tart flavours in this. Mine was a little dry as it was cooking so I ended up adding some apple juice to help it along. Served with some vanilla yoghurt for a satisfying brekky. made for ZWT 4.
YUM !! this crisp is outstanding, we loved it. I cut the sugar way back ( we like ours a little on the tart side) and used splenda brown sugar mix. When checking it after 30 minutes i found the apples had not fallen and it seemed a little dry, so I added about a half cup of water and baked it for a further 15 minutes. the flavour really is outstanding and I will make it again, thanks for posting.