Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My "adopted mother" gave me this recipe and I can honestly say they are the richest chocolate chip cookies and my absolute favourites.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour
- 354.88 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350-370°F.
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, before slowly folding them in with the wet ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips, stirring until just mixed.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
I have tried several recipes (non-Zaar) to find a cookie like we use to have when I was younger. This cookie has fit the bill. Easy to make, baked up in 8 minutes and like Sackville Girl said "rich". Thanks to much for this recipe.
This was just the recipe I was looking for! The cookies are a little soft in the middle with that nice, slightly wrinkled, crispy edge. I did cut back a bit on the white sugar measurement and didn't miss it at all. Great recipe, thanks Sack!
These were great! I've made three batches now, with the latest cutting down on the butter a bit and adding a little more flour which made for a cakier cookie.