Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is my own special recipe for cabbage rolls. Everyone loves them. The secret is the vegetables. They give great flavour. Try them you'll love them!!!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice (cooked halfway)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cook rice until half done (this keeps the rice from turning mushy as the cabbage rolls cook.
- Boil whole cabbage 15 minutes and separate leaves; cut out hard stems.
- Combine meat, rice, vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Stuff and roll cabbage leaves.
- Place in baking dish.
- Cover with tomato sauce and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Good served with French or Italian bread.
I absolutely love these cabbage rolls! The vegetables do make the difference!
a little bland for my taste buds