Recipe by Emily
This makes a wonderful holiday or special occasion dinner. My parents own a cattle ranch so we use their natural beef for this recipe. The prep time includes the 75 min roasting time for the garlic. You can cook the garlic early in the day and refrigerate the "rub" until roasting time.
- 1 head garlic
- olive oil
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1⁄3 cup horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel and separate cloves).
- Place on tin foil.
- Drizzle head with olive oil and wrap foil around bulb.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes.
- Separate cloves squeeze to extract pulp, discard skins.
- Mix garlic, horseradish, salt, basil, tyme and pepper with fork until blended.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim fat from the tenderloin, fold under 3 inches of the small end.
- Rub garlic mixture over entire roast.
- Place roast on broiler pan that is coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until thermometer registers 145 degrees (medium rare) Place tenderloin on a platter, Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve 3oz portions.