Recipe by msmia
Susan's husband & my husband both love this meatloaf and neither one knew it was made w/ turkey! It's loaded with veggies & really is delicious. Hope you enjoy it too!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, minced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray TWO 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans with Pam.
- Sauté onion, celery, carrot & garlic in canola oil until softened: about 8 minutes. Add basil, oregano, rosemary, salt & pepper to veggies. Sauté briefly to release the flavor of the herbs. Remove from heat & cool.
- In a large bowl combine veggie mixture w/ bread crumbs eggs, cream, sun dried tomatoes, ketchup, cheeses & turkey. mix by hand until incorporated then mound into loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour. Cool slightly, cut & serve.