Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chili recipe is so simple to make, it feels like you're cheating! No chopping, dicing or measuring. The hardest part is browning the ground beef! The flavor is built in. Want a mild chili the whole family will love? Use mild salsa and mild smoked sausage. For spicier chili use spicy salsa and spicy smoked sausage or add some hot sauce! Thank you to Susanna, whose recipe can stand up to the champions!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 link smoked sausage (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour (optional)
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain fat.
- Combine beef, sausage, salsa, tomatoes and beans in 3 qt pot. I sometimes add a little flour to thicken it up if needed.
- Simmer 30 minutes.