Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, holidays, celebrations, potlucks or served cold for a picnic.
- 6 -8 pieces cornbread
- 15 ounces tomatoes, bruschetta spread
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 potatoes, shredded
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4-1 cup milk or 1⁄4-1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon marjoram, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto or 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 lb red seedless grapes
- 1 lb strawberry
- 4 kiwi fruits
- Blanch the broccoli and set aside.
- Mix eggs, yogurt, milk, cheeses and all herbs and spices in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup mozzarella for top of frittata. Reserve 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano and 2 tablespoons of parsley for garnish.
- Saute the Prosciutto until lightly browned. Reserve 1/4 pound for garnish.
- Add oil and saute onion with potatoes until potatoes are soft and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Saute broccoli, mushrooms and zucchini in white wine.
- Return potato mixture to pan and incorporate.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables in the pan and cook on medium heat until set.
- Cover and cook about 20 minutes on low until top is set. During last five minutes, sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella on top to melt.
- Remove from heat and cut into wedges.
- Drizzle cornbread slices with olive oil and grill till heated and slather with Bruschetta spread.
- Garnish each frittata wedge with dollop of yogurt, proscuitto, parsley. Add to each plate cornbread, grapes, strawberries and kiwi. Put the remainder of the fruit into a bowl as a centerpiece.
- Serve with small bowls of shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano and bruschetta on the table.