Every year, I created a different mashed potato recipe in an effort to satisfy guest who did not eat gravy. The goal was to make mashed potatoes so good that gravy was unnecessary. I did serve pan gravy made with wine for those who desired it, but these potatoes can stand alone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large stockpot, cover potatoes with water.
- 2Gather butter, yogurt, milk and cream cheese. Let stand to reach room temperature.
- 3Cook potatoes until tender, adding more water as needed.
- 4Drain and return to stockpot.
- 5Add butter, garlic, yogurt and cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- 6Stir in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 7Add small amount of warmed milk, if needed.
- 8Garnish with chives just before serving.
- 9These potatoes can be made ahead and often have a better flavor as a result. When serving the next day, add milk to thin as desired.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Susan’s Decadent Holiday Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.0
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 480.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g