Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Every year, I created a different mashed potato recipe in an effort to satisfy guest who did not eat gravy. The goal was to make mashed potatoes so good that gravy was unnecessary. I did serve pan gravy made with wine for those who desired it, but these potatoes can stand alone.
- In large stockpot, cover potatoes with water.
- Gather butter, yogurt, milk and cream cheese. Let stand to reach room temperature.
- Cook potatoes until tender, adding more water as needed.
- Drain and return to stockpot.
- Add butter, garlic, yogurt and cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add small amount of warmed milk, if needed.
- Garnish with chives just before serving.
- These potatoes can be made ahead and often have a better flavor as a result. When serving the next day, add milk to thin as desired.