Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This is really a yummy casserole -- better than the now traditional one. So agreed all of us who ate this casserole on Easter Sunday. The nuts add wonderful crunch, the cheese a different flavor. All in all, a real taste treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or spray with PAM a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- 2Melt butter in a skillet. Add chopped onion and saute until softened.
- 3Add salt and pepper to skillet and mix inches Stir in the sour cream and stir until thickened.
- 4Add the drained beans, grated cheese, and slivered almonds and stir inches.
- 5Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with the crushed Ritz crackers.sprinkled evenly over all.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Susan Preston's Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g