Recipe by LAURIE
Fun for kids to make and a great way to keep them occupied. Take caution with these with younger children, especially with the string being around the neck after the necklace has been eaten.
- 1 -2 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 1 -2 cup Fruit Loops cereal or 1 -2 cup apple jacks cereal (any kind with a hole in it)
- 1 cup dried fruit or 1 cup dried bananas or 1 cup dried apple (assorted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Other supplies: 18 inches string or yarn or dental floss.
- Adult job is to take a knife and make a small hole in the center of each piece of fruit and to cut the string.
- Tie a piece of cereal to one end of the string and hand it over to the kids!
- Kid job is to thread the cereal and fruit onto the string.
- Knot the other end of the string into the first piece of cereal and tie it securely.
- Wear your necklace when you are hiking and as you need a snack, nibble from your necklace.
- Note: I recommend not using candies such as life savers in this because they get so sticky when the kids start eating the necklace and it seems to create a bigger mess and bugs too!