Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When I first made this I didn't think my kids would eat it. They LOVED it and I ended up having to make another batch. Try it with Tostitos Hint of Lime tortilla chips. My kids like to scoop the soup up with the chips! You can also make this very low fat, if you so choose.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (31 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Cook onions and garlic in oil until transparent.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir the lumps out of the refried beans and heat through.
- Garnish individual servings with crushed tortilla chips.
- I like Tostitos with Hint of Lime--mmmm.
- Sour cream.
- Shredded cheese-- any kind.
This made excellent use of my leftover refried beans! I didn't have a can of Rotel tomatoes, so I threw in a tomato from our garden. I also added some left over taco seasoning and a few drops of tobasco sauce for an extra kick. Very good soup -- will definitely make again!
i made this because i literally had one an of refried beans and one of tomatoes in my kitchen, that's all! :) very tasty. i didn't have rotel, so i added some canned jalapenos to the tomatoes, and i used knorr's chicken bouillon as i had no real chicken brother. quite good overall, and easy to make.
We liked this soup. It was very quick and easy to prepare. It also kept its flavor when it was reheated. Thanks Abbeygurl. Bullwinkle.