Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very unusual spread, but delightful. Don't be intimidated; I've tried this recipe several times and received much compliments.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely cut dates
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chutney
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add bleu cheese, dates, chutney and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in 1/2 c.
- Place in serving dish, sprinkle with remaining nuts and chill until serving.
- Serve with crackers.
I used dried apricots instead of dates and it was a huge hit at my parents' 50th anniversary party. Everyone wanted the recipe. Marilyn
I thought this looked interesting and had to try it. I had heard of chutney, but never used it before. I purchased a mild mango chutney to make this recipe. The dip/spread had a sweet taste. DH and both liked it.