1/1 Photo of Surprising Chicken Stir-Fry
Kiki Freebird's Note:
We bought a new kind of salsa (Newman's Own Peach Salsa) to try out. It wasn't bad, but when you're expecting salsa and chips, you're NOT expecting it to be sweet! So then it was up to me to figure out what to do with the rest of the jar. This is what I came up with. And SURPRISE!! It was yummy! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into chunks (I used 6 frozen tenderloins, which was about 12 oz)
- 2 cups broccoli (I used frozen, since it's what I had)
- 3/4 cup frozen okra (pre-sliced)
- 2 cups green peppers, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3/4 cup peach salsa (I used Newman's Own Peach Salsa, Medium)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1Heat a large skillet on medium (spray with nonstick spray).
- 2Toss in diced garlic. Stir for a minute.
- 3Add chicken. Cook 3-5 minutes, until chicken looks mostly cooked.
- 4Add frozen broccoli and okra. Cook 2 minutes, stirring to thaw veggies.
- 5Add green peppers.
- 6Stir and cook 1-2 minutes.
- 7Add salsa and basil.
- 8Simmer 5 minutes or so, until everything is fragrant and cooked through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surprising Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 153.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic