Recipe by Kiki Freebird
We bought a new kind of salsa (Newman's Own Peach Salsa) to try out. It wasn't bad, but when you're expecting salsa and chips, you're NOT expecting it to be sweet! So then it was up to me to figure out what to do with the rest of the jar. This is what I came up with. And SURPRISE!! It was yummy! :-)
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was so easy and quite a delicious dish in the end. I omitted the canned tomatoes and just doubled the salsa (as I thought it would be more flavorful). And it was a fantastic one-dish meal. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.
- 3⁄4 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into chunks (I used 6 frozen tenderloins, which was about 12 oz)
- 2 cups broccoli (I used frozen, since it's what I had)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen okra (pre-sliced)
- 2 cups green peppers, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3⁄4 cup peach salsa (I used Newman's Own Peach Salsa, Medium)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet on medium (spray with nonstick spray).
- Toss in diced garlic. Stir for a minute.
- Add chicken. Cook 3-5 minutes, until chicken looks mostly cooked.
- Add frozen broccoli and okra. Cook 2 minutes, stirring to thaw veggies.
- Add green peppers.
- Stir and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add salsa and basil.
- Simmer 5 minutes or so, until everything is fragrant and cooked through.