Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this recipe from a Pastor. Full rich flavor, smell and color. You'll be surprised at how great this smells and tastes, especially if you don't like cooked carrots. Makes a great side dish!
- 2 cups canned diced carrots
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 2 -3 cups steamed rice
- Place all but rice into blender with just enough water to blend (you can use the liquid from the canned carrots if you like).
- Mix well with the rice.
- Bake in 2 qt casserole at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was only OK at our house. I think I could have used more liquid and less onion, because the resulting flavor was very strongly onion. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what we didn't like. I don't think the recipe is bad, it just didn't appeal to us. The texture was dense (I used 2 cups of cooked brown rice), and the flavor was heavy, somehow. There needs to be something else in there, lightening things up. On the plus side, I think the leftovers, pureed in chicken broth, will make a nice soup for lunch.