Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
this recipe was made at a potuck by a friend. it went over so well i decided to make it myself. well, now i get request to make it whenever there is a get together, and there are never any leftovers.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped purple onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Wash and cut broccoli crowns into bite size pieces.
- In large bowl,toss together broccoli,crumbled bacon,onion and cheese.
- In separate bowl,mix mayo,vinegar and sugar.
- pour onto broccoli mix.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
This salad was awesome!! I made it for a work party and everyone commented on how great it was and when I was packaging up left-overs, everyone jumped at the chance to take some if this home with them. Just a little too much onion for my tastes, so next time I will probably scale that ingredient back a little bit, but overall this recipe was a huge hit.