Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Best carrot cake ever. Very moist. I always get rave reviews.
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup hellmanns real mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Grease and flour two 9" round baking pans.
- 3. In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- 4. In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat eggs, sugar, mayonnaise, and pineapple until well mixed. Gradually add in flour mixture.
- 5. Spoon and gently fold in carrots and walnuts.
- 6. Turn into prepared pans.
- 7. Bake in 350 degree (F) oven30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8. Cool in pans, remove, fill and top with whipped cream.