Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Anything with mincemeat just has to be good. Recipe attached to a NONE SUCH (TM) mincemeat jar. I'll be trying these for the Christmas tray.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄3 cups ready-to-use mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- With mixer, beat butter and sugar until combined. Add water and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Shape dough into 2 1/2" circles, using about 1 tablespoon dough for each. Top each with slightly rounded teaspoon of mincemeat.
- Place cookies, seam side down, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Place confectioners' sugar in plastic bag. Add cookies, a few at a time, and shake gently until coated. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Followed the recipe right on down, & made some GREAT-TASTING, FILLED COOKIES, cookies that didn't last long at all! Will be making these again during the winter holidays, since they'd be a great addition to any cookie platter! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my MINCEMEAT theme in My-3-Chefs]