Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sweet surprise awaits those who bite into this adaptation of Russian Teacakes. From the 1971 Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library. Posting for ZWT3
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 9 vanilla caramels
- extra confectioners' sugar or colored sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 400°. Mix thoroughly butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Work in flour, salt and nuts until dough holds together.
- Cut each vanilla caramel into 4 small pieces. Divide dough in 36 portions and mold each around a small piece of caramel.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until set but not brown. While warm, roll in confectioner's sugar or sugar crystals and cool.
- Makes 36 cookies.
VERY nice. Definitely sweet, and definitely easy to make. Since the amount of vanilla wasn't listed, I used 1 tsp. of vanilla extract - perfect! For the chopped nuts, I used finely grated toasted hazelnuts. I find using a good kitchen scale very helpful when baking. I took the ball of dough & weighed it; then divided into two and weighed each half to make them equal. That made it much easier to apportion 18 balls and 18 balls for making the cookies equal-sized. I baked them on my Pampered Chef Baking Stone. Made for ZWT4. Thanks for posting, Julie!