Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have not made it yet, so I have not made any revisions.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
This was really good! I used sweet red pepper and chicken and apple sausage. My very picky 3 year old DSS LOVED it and had two huge helpings! Next time I make it I will use a pepper with some heat. Very easy and very flavorful!
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the seeds from the pepper, chop and parboil.
- Add pepper and onion, chopped fine, to the rice.
- Mix thoroughly and put a layer in a buttered baking dish.
- Add a layer of the sausages which have been partially cooked, and cover with rice.
- Pour milk over it all and dot with butter.
- Cover and bake for one-half hour.
- Remove the cover and bake for another half hour.
- Temperature: 350F Time: 1 hour.