Recipe by josamky1063
Everyone will be surprized when they find out what is in the center of these "SURPRISE CUPCAKES".
Top Review by mandabears
YUMMY I made these for a dry run for Anna's birthday party and used yellow cake mix and refrigerated brownie dough. I frosted the cuppie cakes with chocolate frosting and were they every good!!!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared chocolate frosting
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups.
- BEAT cake mix, water, eggs and oil in large mixer bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each cup, filling about 2/3 full.
- CUT cookie dough into 24 pieces; roll each into a ball. Place one ball of dough in each muffin cup, pressing it to the bottom.
- BAKE for 19 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched. Let stand for 15 minute Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Spread with frosting and sprinkle with morsels.