Prep 15 mins
Cook 19 mins
Everyone will be surprized when they find out what is in the center of these "SURPRISE CUPCAKES".
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared chocolate frosting
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups.
- BEAT cake mix, water, eggs and oil in large mixer bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each cup, filling about 2/3 full.
- CUT cookie dough into 24 pieces; roll each into a ball. Place one ball of dough in each muffin cup, pressing it to the bottom.
- BAKE for 19 to 22 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched. Let stand for 15 minute Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Spread with frosting and sprinkle with morsels.
YUMMY I made these for a dry run for Anna's birthday party and used yellow cake mix and refrigerated brownie dough. I frosted the cuppie cakes with chocolate frosting and were they every good!!!!
These are delicious. A friend of mine gave me a similar recipe, however, she makes the dough balls and then freezes them prior to dropping them into the batter....makes for an ooey gooey cookie surprise in the middle
The kids in my childrens class have gone crazy for these! An extra special surprise and not much more work. Cooks in the same amount of time as a plain cupcake. I make these all the time now! Thank you!