Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Decadent Peanut Butter and Chocolate
Make and share this Surprise! Peanut Butter Truffles #SP5 recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, cold
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 11 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- In mixing bowl add mashed potatoes, melted white chocolate chips, peanut butter and vanilla. Using mixer on medium speed, mix ingredients until smooth. Place mixture in bowl into refrigerator and chill about 2 hours.
- After mixture has become firm, use a melon baller or your hands to roll into 1 inch balls. Work in small batches, leaving unused portion in refrigerator until ready to roll. Place balls on wax paper lined cookie sheet. When all balls are rolled place cookie sheet in refrigerator while preparing milk chocolate coating.
- Working with 1 cup of milk chocolate chips at a time, place chips in microwavable bowl or in a double boiler. Microwave at 50% power one minute at a time, stirring between minutes until completely melted. If using double boiler, stir often over medium heat until melted.
- Roll chilled balls in melted chocolate 1 at a time and return to waxed paper. Chill truffles in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or in freezer for about 15 minutes. Best served cold.