Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup diced chicken meat
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry
- 500 g tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- chili powder
- green onion, to tie parcels
- season the tomato puree with sugar, salt and chilli powder.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add onion, sauté.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and chicken and sauté for few minutes.
- Add the green chillies and coriander.
- Keeping the flame on high, add the egg to the chicken mixture and remove immediately once the egg is cooked.
- Cut the pastry into 4" squares.
- Brush oil on one square.
- Place a square on top.
- Place a tsp of filling in the center and gather up to form a parcel.
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- place all the parcels on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake till golden.
- Tie the green part of the spring onion around the parcel.
- Spoon tomato puree onto plate, place the parcels on this and serve hot.