Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fun way to serve cherry pie
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 store bought refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In small bowl, stir together the pie filling, almonds, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Place 1 of the crusts on an ungreased large baking sheet. Spoon half of the cherry mixture on half of this crust, then fold crust over the mixture, forming a semicircle. Using back of fork, crimp the edge. Repeat with the remaining crust and remaining cherry mixture.
- Cut slits in the tops of the crusts. Brush with a little milk and sprinkle with a little sugar if you like.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crusts are golden. If the edges seem to be browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Serve warm.
Way, way too easy! Love the "take a walk with it" preparation. Only thing different in my prep was to use slivered almonds, and quite a bit more than 1/4 cup! And the addition of lemon juice made the filling taste more like "homemade". Thnx for sharing your recipe, Grammy. Made for My-3-Chefs.