Recipe by Lalaloula
These decadent chocolate muffins hide a sweet surprise in their center. Great for entertaining or that special someone. :) Ive made some healthy swaps to make them less bad for you.
- 250 ml milk (can use non-dairy)
- 80 g chocolate hazelnut spread (like nutella)
- 125 g flour (I used spelt flour)
- 125 g whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 50 g ground hazelnuts (or other nuts)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 12 chocolate truffles, of your choice (or other small sweets)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe bowl combine milk and chocolate hazelnut spread. Microwave on high (765 W) for about a minute or until milk is warm and you can easily combine it with the chocolate hazelnut spread. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a big bowl combine flours, nuts, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a second bowl combine egg, oil, applesauce and the chocolate milk. Add this to the dry ingredients and stir to combine (do not overmix).
- Fill dough into prepared muffin tins about 2/3 full and then press a truffle each into the dough until it is nearly covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.