These decadent chocolate muffins hide a sweet surprise in their center. Great for entertaining or that special someone. :) Ive made some healthy swaps to make them less bad for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 ml milk (can use non-dairy)
- 80 g chocolate hazelnut spread (like nutella)
- 125 g flour (I used spelt flour)
- 125 g whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 50 g ground hazelnuts (or other nuts)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 12 chocolate truffles, of your choice (or other small sweets)
- 1In a microwave safe bowl combine milk and chocolate hazelnut spread. Microwave on high (765 W) for about a minute or until milk is warm and you can easily combine it with the chocolate hazelnut spread. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- 2In a big bowl combine flours, nuts, baking powder, baking soda.
- 3In a second bowl combine egg, oil, applesauce and the chocolate milk. Add this to the dry ingredients and stir to combine (do not overmix).
- 4Fill dough into prepared muffin tins about 2/3 full and then press a truffle each into the dough until it is nearly covered.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surprise Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 121.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: