Recipe by Olha
A creamy chocolate peanut butter filling is hidden in the center of these taste tempting oat bran Surprise Muffins.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees.
- FOR THE FILLING. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate chips; set aside.
- FOR THE MUFFINS. In a medium bowl, combine flour, bran, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk milk, oil, eggs, and maple extract. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add milk mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon about 2 Tablespoons batter into each cup of a greased muffin pan. Spoon about 2 teaspoons peanut butter mixture over batter in each cup. Spoon remaining batter over peanut butter mixture, filling each cup three fourths full. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins pull away from sides of pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Muffins may be served at room temperature or reheated.
- To reheat, cover and bake in a preheated 350°F oven 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 1 dozen muffins.
- The Spirit of Christmas Cookbook.