- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat egg whites and cream of tarter until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, salt and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 5-8 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on baking sheets.