Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Surprise Meatloaf Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the meat, eggplant, onion, egg, milk, oats,1 1/2 ts salt and the basil together.
- Spread the mixture into an ungreased baking pan 8 X 8 X 2 or 9 X 9 X 2-inches.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic, cornstarch and 3/4 ts salt in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Cut the meat loaf into squares and top with the tomato sauce when you serve it.
- NOTE: Any type of summer squash can be substituted for the eggplant in this recipe.