Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Use you own favorite meatball recipe for this, I use my Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs --- make certain to choose small mushrooms so that they will fit nicely inside the meatballs, if using wooden skewers make certain to soak them in cold water 30 minutes prior to threading, feel free to thread on some bell peppers and onions if desired, all amounts may be doubled.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into 12 cubes) or 1 1⁄2 ounces monterey jack cheese (cut into 12 cubes)
- 12 small white button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 large cherry tomatoes (use amount desired)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl season the ground beef using your favorite recipe.
- Divide into 12 even portions.
- Place a cheese cube inside of each mushroom cap.
- Place each mushroom cap into each hamburger mixture then shape around the mushroom and into a ball.
- Brush olive oil over the tomatoes then season with salt.
- Using wooden skewers or metal skewers alternately thread the cherry tomatoes and meatballs (you may double-skewer to make turning the meatballs and cherry tomatoes easier when grilling).
- Grill about 10-12 minutes or until meat is cooked through.