Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
a twist to any party!!
Make and share this Surprise Meatball Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, onion and bread crumbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape meat mixture into 36 even-sized balls.
- Flatten each ball slightly, place a piece of cheese in the middle and mold the meat around it, sealing well.
- To make the barbecue sauce, put tomato paste, vinegar, honey, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and broth in a small saucepan and simmer 10 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with orange juice, stir into sauce, and simmer 1 minute.
- General fondue directions: Fill the pot a third full of vegetable oil and heat on the stove until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Then, carefully transfer the pot to the burner on the table.
- If too much food is added to the oil, the temperature will drop, so reheating on the stove will be necessary.
- At the table each person spears a piece of meat, fish or vegetable with a fondue fork and places it in the oil until cooked to their taste.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.