Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
This is a recipe my DH thought of while we were at the lake. I added my little touch to it also.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices kraft single American cheese
- onion, slices
- tomatoes, slices
- dill pickle slices
- hamburger bun
- mustard (optional)
- catsup (optional)
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- In a bowl combine hamburger meat, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, seasoning salt, onion powder, black pepper and garlic powder. Mix up well.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Add 2 slices of cheese to 4 of the patties.
- Place other 4 patties on each top of cheese slice. (making 4 hamburger patties in all).
- Pinch edges of patties together to seal. Make sure cheese is completely inside the patties.
- Grill hamburger patties 10-12 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- NOTE: spread soft butter to the insides of the hamburger buns and lightly grill 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion slices, pickles,tomato slices,lettuce and mayonnaise, mustard and catsup (opt).
- Serve with french fries or chips.
I made these for my husband tonight & it was a success! I made a lot of changes, though. I used 1 lb beef, 1 tsp worch sauce, 1 tsp teriyaki sauce, 1/4 tsp onion powder, seasoning salt & garlic powder. I didn't bother with putting cheese in between the patties; my husband just likes his on top! Had a nice subtle oriental flavor; thanks for the recipe!