Recipe by Bruce Gurnick
Make the dough ahead of time then assemble these delicious surprise inside cookies. You can easily add or make changes to the surprise inside. For example add a few ,chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, or even, swirled flavored chips to the peanut butter. These may very well be the second greatest cookies ever.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter (approx)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, shortening and one half up of peanut butter. Mix together until it resembles a course meal.
- Add the corn syrup and the milk. Scrape dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a long roll of about 2 inches in diameter.
- Chill the dough until it becomes firm, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the dough into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place half of the dough slices about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Drop about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on the center of each slice. (If desired add 2-4 chocolate or other chips.) Top with the other slice of dough and seal the top and bottom with a fork. Bake until light brown but still soft to the touch in the center, about 11-12 minutes.