Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Make the dough ahead of time then assemble these delicious surprise inside cookies. You can easily add or make changes to the surprise inside. For example add a few ,chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, or even, swirled flavored chips to the peanut butter. These may very well be the second greatest cookies ever.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter (approx)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, shortening and one half up of peanut butter. Mix together until it resembles a course meal.
- Add the corn syrup and the milk. Scrape dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a long roll of about 2 inches in diameter.
- Chill the dough until it becomes firm, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the dough into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place half of the dough slices about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Drop about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on the center of each slice. (If desired add 2-4 chocolate or other chips.) Top with the other slice of dough and seal the top and bottom with a fork. Bake until light brown but still soft to the touch in the center, about 11-12 minutes.