Recipe by Evan's Mommy
This yummy breakfast treat will have you wanting breakfast for all 3 meals a day!
Top Review by Trisha W
Wow! Great breakfast (brunch actually!) I did add more sugar (1/2C) to the cream cheese, because it didn't seem sweet and creamy enough to me, but the french toast was very sweet with the sauce, so maybe the extra sugar wasn't needed. My picky son would only put a little sauce in his plate, but once he dipped his toast into it he was begging for more which he poured over his toast. Great recipe!!!!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (pecans work well)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) jar peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in nuts.
- Cut bread into about 12 slices approximately 1 1/2 inches thick, cutting a slit in each to create a "pocket".
- Fill each pocket with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and spices.
- Dip the filled bread "pockets" in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Cook on griddle or in pan until both sides are browned.
- Heat the preserves and orange juice in a small saucepan, simmering for about 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drizzle orange mixture over French toast and serve.