Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on box.
- Place paper baking cups into a muffin tin.
- Fill paper bake cups 2/3 full.
- Drop one rounded teaspoon of cheese mixture into each cup.
- Bake according to directions on cake mix box.
Thanks so much....kids loved them...they said they were kind of like homemade Ding Dongs...they are good and super easy to make!
The recipe didn't say to put chocolate cake mix on top of the cream cheese filling but the photo looked like you could do that. I liked that better...thus the "surprise" cupcakes.
Yummy & impressive!! I made for a co-worker's birthday & everyone enjoyed them. I used mini chocolate chips as suggested by another reviewer & devil's food cake mix, as a personal preference (the chocolatier, the better!!). I did pipe on some swirls of chocolate buttercream since it was a special occasion! These are so quick & easy, I'm sure I'll be making them a lot. And, surprisingly, I did get a lot of questions about how I got the filling in the middle!!!