Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recently Baby Kato published a recipe for Crusty Baked Chicken using potato flakes as the coating and I thought I'll bet this would be great on fish too. From that came this recipe. Thanks Baby Kato--I hope you try this recipe.
- 4 fish fillets, enough for 4 servings, I used sea bass
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix the potato, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper together.
- Dip the fish in the egg then in the potato, coat well.
- Fry on lightly greased pan until golden on both sides approximate time 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Barb the instant mashed potatoes made a wonderful coating for my talapia. I used different seasonings but the potato flakes made all the difference, it browned up so nice and crisp. I may never use cornmeal again. Thanks for a great idea, I would never have thought to use instant potatoes this way. Definitely a keeper!
Great recipe. The fish was very good with the potatoes and the spices. I have put it in the oven at 425* for 15 minutes. I preferred the frying pan.
This is almost like my mom use to make only she didn't add all the herbs...this was DELICIOUS! I used tilapia and followed the instructions and I definately will make again. DH couldn't get enough and this is so simple and items I have in the pantry. I served with recipe#415600#415600 and a wedge salad. Thank you for posting and this is going into my Favorites of 2013. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup ~~ Jan-June 2013 tag game.