Recipe by Jodi B.
When you bite into these succulent chicken breasts, you will get a surprise of flavors!
Top Review by donna in niagara falls
Excellent dish. I think this would be a great dish to serve to company. You can prepare it ahead of time and put it in the oven when company arrives. The only change I made is that I used Asiago cheese instead if Monteray Jack. I'm a big fan of Asiago. Thanks for a great recipe Jodi.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese, thin (or similar)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- parsley sprig
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley (italian flat leaf)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split chicken breasts to make four half breasts.
- Place between some plastic wrap& pound to flatten.
- Layer prosciutto, Jack cheese& sun dried tomatoes, if used, on chicken breasts.
- Add one or two parsley sprigs.
- Roll up.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Mix together bread crumbs, minced parsley, garlic, cayenne pepper& Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken breasts in melted butter, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with leftover bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until cooked through.