Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great appetizer. These puffs are so easy to serve because they can be made in advance and baked as needed.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 50 stuffed green olives, drained well
- Blend butter, cheese, salt, paprika and cayenne.
- Stir in flour, mixing well.
- Mold 1 tsp.
- of this mixture around each olive, covering completely.
- Arrange on baking sheet and chill until firm.
- Bake for 15 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- Serve hot.
- Can be frozen before baking and stored in plastic bag for future use.
- Bake as needed.
I've made these for a fancy buffet party. Everyone loved them. Easy to make, easy to bake, easy to accept compliments for!!!
i made these for stephanie's bar mitzvah party back at the house at night. i got the recipe from my friend arlene. stephanie is a mommy of three and her bar mitzvah is a fond memory. i still love these delicious cheese puffs.
When these first came out of the oven and I tried one, I wasn't sure I liked it. However, as I nibbled while the cooled the more I enjoyed. Good appetizer or salty snack. I will probably make these again. Wonder how they would taste with the olives chopped up and mixed into the batter? I will have to try that next time. Thanks for sharing JoAnn