Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Spicy carrot cake with pineapple and pecans mixed in and a cream cheese frosting.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice or 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) cancrushed pineapple in juice (, do not drain)
- 2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat together all ingredients except carrots, pecans and frosting ingredients (of course!) on low speed until mixed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and pecans and then pour into pans.
- Bake for 30 to 25 minutes, until done.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pans to cool completely on wire rack.
- For frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese in medium bowl on medium spped until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until frosting is smooth and right consistency to spread on cake.
- Frost between layers and top, leaving sides bare.