Spicy carrot cake with pineapple and pecans mixed in and a cream cheese frosting.
My Private Note
two lay ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice or 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (, do not drain)
- 2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3Beat together all ingredients except carrots, pecans and frosting ingredients (of course!) on low speed until mixed.
- 4Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in carrots and pecans and then pour into pans.
- 6Bake for 30 to 25 minutes, until done.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pans to cool completely on wire rack.
- 8For frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese in medium bowl on medium spped until smooth.
- 9Gradually beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until frosting is smooth and right consistency to spread on cake.
- 10Frost between layers and top, leaving sides bare.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surprise Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 529.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g