Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and one egg, mixing until well blended.
- Set aside. Combine dry ingredients.
- Add combined oil and eggs, mixing just until moistened.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Reserve 2 cups batter; pour remaining batter into a greased and floured 9 inch Bundt pan.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over batter; carefully spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture, spreading to cover.
- Bake at 350 F degrees 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- 12 Servings.
This was an incredibly moist and delicious cake. However next time i think i will add the cream cheese icing as well!
This was very tasty, but very heavy on the oil. Will try using apple sauce instead of some of the oil next time. Did puree the carrots fo lovely results. Loved the cream cheese filling.
I found this recipe to have a good flavor, although I did add some crushed pineapple. I like carrrot cake best which has more of a cake texure. This was very moist almost like sweet bread. I would probably make this again, but place it in bread pans and use it as sweet bread, rather than in a bunt pan.