Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy quick recipe for main dish, low in sodium.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic or 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cutlets (fairly thin)
- 2 cups minute ready-to-serve brown and wild rice
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- Saute onion & garlic in butter until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and put into small bowl, lightly salt.
- Add black pepper, cranberries, and bell pepper to onion/garlic mixture.
- Cook chicken breast cutlets in skillet until done, turning frequently (about 10 minutes). Remove from skillet, let cool, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Microwave rice cups per directions (1.5 min or so).
- Combine all in microwavable casserole dish, drizzle w/ Italian dressing and microwave (covered) for 2 to 3 minutes.