1 hr 10 mins
Adapted from Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6. Best if made a day ahead of serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Sift flours, baking soda and baking powder together.
- 3Add salt, fennel, anise and cumin.
- 4Stir in syrup and buttermilk, stirring until well blended.
- 5Pour into a greased 9" cake pan.
- 6Bake 1 hour, or until top is browned and cake tester comes out clean.
- 7Remove from pan, wrap in a towel, and cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surmjolksbrod (Buttermilk Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (1195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2506.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 9738.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 533.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 44.0 g
- Sugars 56.7 g
- Protein 76.2 g