Recipe by cookiedog
Do you like pineapple on your pizza? How about creamy spinach and artichoke dip? This recipe includes both, and the best part is, it comes together so easily. It's perfect for dinner after a busy day at work, or after a busy day hittin' the waves at the beach. If you can't wait until dinner time, it's quick enough that you could even enjoy it for lunch or as an afternoon snack. Although it is listed for a single pita pizza, it can easily be adjusted/multiplied so everyone in your family can have their own.
- 29.58 ml canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 14.79 ml frozen spinach, defrosted and and squeezed to get out all of the water
- 29.58 ml mozzarella cheese, divided
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 pita bread
- 28.34 g Laughing Cow light swiss cheese
- 14.79-29.58 ml canned pineapple chunk, drained and sliced into quarters
- garlic salt
- italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix the artichoke hearts, spinach, 1 tablespoon mozarella cheese, parmesan, and mayonnaise and set aside.
- Spread the Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge on the pita.
- Next, spread on the artichoke/spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle on the pineapple pieces and the reserved 1 tablespoon of mozarella.
- Season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. (Note: if using grated parmesan instead of shredded you should use garlic powder to keep it from getting too salty).
- Broil on second shelf in oven for 4 to 5 minutes or cook at 400 for about 7 minutes until cheese has melted.