This is a different take on the usual spinach roll up appetizer. Very tasty. NOTE: Should your yogurt be loose or runny, drain for a couple of hours in a coffee filter set in a strainer to get rid of some of the excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and spices.
- Mix well.
- Stir in spinach until well blended.
- Add dried beef and crab meat.
- Divide evenly and spread over the 12 tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla up jelly-roll style.
- Wrap tighly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
- To serve, slice each tortilla into 6 slices and arrange on a platter.
This is certainly very tasty! I made one half of the recipe, using regular mayo, crabmeat and the rest of the ingredients as listed. My nonfat yogurt was very loose, so I think this affected the consistency of the spread, even after chilling overnight. Mine stayed a little soft, but did not affect the taste. I really admire people that can roll these type of recipes into a round roll! LOL! You could successfully double or triple this recipe for appetizers. This is not a "daintly" flavored appetizer! The spices and other ingredients meld and are heartily flavored. Next time, to tweak it to my personal taste, I would cut back a little on the dill and definitely try it with shrimp too! Very good! I will remember this one when making appetizers for parties or just a small get together! Thanks MysteryGirl!