Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced in 1 inch cubes across the grain
- 6 large mushrooms, halved
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Italian dressing
- bamboo skewer
- Marinate flank steak in dressing to cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water if using for at least 30 minutes or use metal skewers.
- Place mushrooms and tomatoes on the same skewers and marinate in Italian dressing at least 30 minutes.
- Marinate shrimp on skewers for 30 minutes in Italian dressing.
- Assemble steak on skewers.
- As the veggies, shrimp and steak all require different grilling times place each on separate skewers.
- Wash rice well several times and cook as directed on package- about 30 minutes.
- Preheat greased grill to medium.
- Cook steak about 15 minutes or until done turning as needed.
- Cook veggies about 10 minutes or until softened and browned.
- Cook shrimp about 8-10 minutes turning and watching carefully-cook until pink and opaque Put cooked rice on large platter.
- Remove shrimp, beef, and veggies from skewers and arrange on top of rice.