Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is another recipe from Jacqueline Bellefontaine's What's Cooking Barbecue with a few alterations from me. I love it because the marinade time is short. You really don't need any more time than stated. It is thick and sticks to the meats beautifully. You will think that there is not enough to marinade the amount of meat, but I thought it was perfect. (Not enough to have extra for rice) The flavors went so well together. Prep time does not include the marinate. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This was awesome!!! Totally delicious, everybody raved and got a review of 4 to 4 1/2 and 5 stars. I went for 5 as this came from 2 people. I served ours over egg fried rice which was a great accompaniment. We love both steak and prawns and so this really hit the spot for us, I also added some pineapple to the kebab like Andi had done and it was a really nice touch. I boiled the marinade and used it as extra sauce to pour over the kebabs or rice. Great combo Nimz and it was quick and easy too make packed with flavour and one that we will be enjoying again..
- 1 lb sirloin steak (or steak of your choice)
- 18 raw shrimp
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons safflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak into bit size pieces and place in a zip-lock bag or a
- nonmetallic dish. (Zip-lock is just too easy).
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails attached. (I bought the shrimp that were already deveined with tails on).
- To make the marinade, whisk the oyster sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and safflower oil in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the meat, turning to coat and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade, toss to coat and marinate for 5 minutes.
- Remove the meat and shrimp from the marinade.
- Thread meat onto metal or presoaked wooden skewers, alternating the steak with the shrimp.
- Broil the kabobs over hot coals for 5-10 minutes turning frequently.
- Transfer to a warm serving plate and serve immediately.