Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crab meat from the sea plus spinach and mushrooms from the land combine with four cheeses to make these delicious mushrooms. Use 10-12 large mushrooms for a meal or 20-24 small ones as appetizers.
- 10 -12 large mixed mushrooms
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese spread
- 2 -4 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Scoop out insides to form a shell.
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, red onions, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Add all four cheeses and bread crumbs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Tear crab meat into pieces. Gently fold crab into spinach and cheese mixture.
- Spoon into mushrooms and mound generously on top.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Loved these! Stuffed mushrooms are a popular item with my family anyhow, but we really enjoyed the spinachy, crabby, cheesy filling in these. I used some large baby bella mushrooms for this, and I doubled the recipe (except for the crab part, since I only had 1 pound of crabmeat). DH doesn't really care for the fake crabmeat stuff, so I opted for the real deal here. I got 24 very generously filled mushrooms from this, with only about one spoonful of filling left over. These were really good right out of the oven, but I found that I like them just as much cold out of the fridge the next day. Definitely a keeper for us, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2011