Recipe by katdi
I came up with this recipe as a healthy way to have surf and turf. It has everything you love about surf and turf in a nutritious and filling salad.
- 8 ounces round steaks, marinated
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 carrot, cut in rounds
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups green leaf lettuce, washed, torn and dried
- 5 -6 pickled banana pepper rings, chopped (optional)
Marinate your steak in your favourite marinade or you can use the following
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 drops hot sauce (I use Franks)
- 3 -5 dashes garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup motts Clamato juice (or you can use tomato)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in dish you will be marinating steak inches Make sure you taste before adding raw steak and season to your liking.Marinade steak at least four hours.
- Broil steak 3-4 inches from element for 6-8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. While steak is cooking combine all your vegetables and imitation crab in a big bowl.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak on diaganol into this strips. Arrange on top of salad.
- Top with your favourite fat free salad dressing. I use Kraft fat free Ranch.