Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Paula Deen, everyones favorite cook make these on her camping show and we love them! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: United States of America.
- 6 whole graham crackers
- 1 (20 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 3 (1 5/8 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate candy bars, split into 2
- Split graham cracker into 2 halves.
- On top of graham cracker squares place mini-marshmallows.
- Place under broiler for a few seconds until toasty. Remove and place 1/2 of a Hershey bar on top of marshmallow.
- The heat from the marshmallow will melt the chocolate bar.
- Place other 1/2 of graham cracker on top.
- Press lightly to flatten marshmallows.
- These may be made ahead and wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to heat and eat.
Hurray for indoor s'mores! I used my toaster oven broiler and set it at 350F and the marshmallows puffed up and toasted to a light golden brown. Gooey and yummy!
These are great -- but definately have to keep an eye on them. Love being able to make them without a campfire. Sometimes just get a craving for these!! Very messy (which is a good thing!).
We love s'mores, but never had made them indoors. Be careful though and watch closely as they burn quickly!! The first time had broiler on high, second time I had the broiler on low. The marshmallows got nice and gooey, but for some reason they still didn't melt the chocolate. This is a great way to make s'mores when the weather is not good for cooking out, but still prefer making the s'mores over a fire or bbq. Thanks for posting a great alternative to making s'mores.