Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This refreshing summer recipe comes from my local Sur La Table kitchen store. Note: By substituting key lime juice for the margarita mixer, you can make a delicious, tart key lime pie!
Top Review by DebS #2
Oh yummy! I really enjoyed this so much more than the frozen Margarita Pies that I have had. Nice rich custard but not too heavy. I did have to bake mine an additional 5 minutes for mine to set but it was probably my oven. This one's a keeper!
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix (I use Margaritaville brand mixer)
- 3 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix well together condensed milk, margarita mixer, and egg yolks.
- Pour mixture into unbaked graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Allow pie to cool for (at least) 15 minutes before chilling in refrigerator. Chill for (at least) 4 hours before serving with a dollop of Cool Whip.