Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I called these Suprise Bars because of the fact most people are surprised when they find out there is Zucchini in here and these are also Gluten Free! (Bet you can't eat just one!)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, gluten free
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and unpeeled
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter with brown sugar and honey. Add the eggs and then the vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, stir into batter. Stir in the zucchini, coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease a 12 x 9 pan, pour in batter and bake 35 0 45 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
These are excellent and I will definitely make them again. I was a little concerned at the large amount of cinnamon in these but it wasn't over-powering at all. Nice to have recipes that are written for gluten free. Thanks for posting this!
Very nice tasting bars, these! I pretty much followed the recipe & loved the combo of flavors! Was especially pleased at it's gluten-free aspect, since I do have friends who really need this kind of recipe, & I don't mind accommodating them when I can! Definitely worth making again! Thanks for creating this wonderful recipe!
Great recipe- easy to make and tastes so good! Nobody would guess that these bars are gluten-free or that they would have zucchini as the secret ingredient. I was tempted to make a 1/2 quantity of this recipe, but so glad I made the full recipe :D Really enjoyed this recipe and I will be making this one again. Wishing you good luck in the Dining on A $ competition. Photo also to be posted